From the upper left point of the rectangle on an eclipse, I would like to know what calculation I have to do to find the necessary angle to apply to my rectangle so that the upper right corner arrives on the ellipse.
I have something like that
and I intend to rotate the right side of the rectangle, so that it arrives on the eclipse.
the information I have :
for the rectangle :
- the coordinates(x,y) of the rectangle
- the length of each side of the rectangle
for the eclipse :
- the spokes
- the height and the length
Thank you!
EDIT :
So if i try it, i have to start by determining a, b, h,k. Y is always equal to zero if I understood correctly.
So, to do my example,i added values to my drawing. These values correspond to the lengths and heights of the rectangles and the eclipse. With that I determined the variables necessary for the equation.
application of the equation :
(y - k)^2 = b^2(1 - ((x - h) / a)^2)
(0-20)^2 = 4^2(1-((x-40)/5)^2)
400 = 16(1-((x-40)/5)^2)
400 = 16(1-((x-40)/5)^2)
400 = 16(1-(2((x-40)/5)))
... calculate that : 2((x-40)/5)
= x(5/5)-2((x-40)/5) = 0
= x(5)-2((x-40)/5) = 0
= (5x-2x+80)/5 = 0
= (3x+80)/5 = 0
= (3(x)+80)/5 = 0
= (3(x)+3(26.66))/5 = 0
= (3(x+26.66))/5 = 0
= (5/3)((3(x+26.66)/5)) = 0
= (1/3)(3(x+26.66)) = 0
= x+26.66 = 0
x = -26.66
so i replace it in my equation.
400 = 16(1-(-26.66))
400 = 16(1+26.66)
400 = 16(27.66)
400 = 442.56
? = 442.56-400
? = 42.56.
that's what it is to me, but i think it's not the result i expect. Can you edit your answer to help me because I don't know how to get the quadratic formula? Thank you.



