Unable to create environments file. Path not writable. Mac M1 Chip python modules

Viewed 729

Hi I'm trying to install TensorFlow for MAC M1 Chip OS 12.0. Post installing the application and trying to install numpy and Jupiter notebook using the below command

conda install notebook - y

conda install -c conda-forge numpy -y

I get the error

Unable to create environments file. Path not writable.
  environment location: /Users/ren/.conda/environments.txt

done
Executing transaction: | WARNING conda.core.envs_manager:register_env(50): Unable to register environment. Path not writable or missing.
  environment location: /Users/ren/miniforge3
  registry file: /Users/ren/.conda/environments.txt

I went to the folder and changed the permissions of the file manually it did not work

I ran the command 775 /.conda/ from the terminal it did not work. I removed all the folders for anaconda and Miniforge multiple times I get the same error.

Any suggestions how to get this to work?

Regards, Ren

2 Answers

sudo chmod -R 775 /Users/Ren/.conda Worked for me after trying multiple solutions.

I solved this by manually chmoding the file path.

sudo chmod 775 /Users/michaelmoreno/.conda/environments.txt
Related