Missing tesseract50.dll from conda installation

Viewed 63

I have a Windows 11 64x computer with a new conda env created. I installed tesseract from conda using:

conda install -c conda-forge tesseract

Before the 5.0 release, a file called tesseract41.dll was created in env_name\Library\bin, along with the tesseract exe. Now with the release of tesseract 5.0, I can't find the file tesseract50.dll. What I do see is a file called tesseract50.lib in env_name\Library\lib.

I can use tesseract from the command line normally. However, I'm trying to use the API in Python, so can't use the lib file as ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary doesn't detect it as a valid app.

I can´t use libraries such as PyTesseract, because it is too slow, and I can't use tesserocr as it doesn't support Python 3.10, and the wheels are outdated, so I need to build my own wrapper.

QUESTION

How can I get the tesseract50.dll file without having to build tesseract from source or install it from binaries?

0 Answers
Related