AWS MWAA Pricing

Viewed 1312

It is not clear to me if the aws mwaa documentation says the following "With Amazon Managed Workflows for Apache Airflow (MWAA) you pay only for what you use. There are no minimum fees or upfront commitments. You pay for the time your Airflow Environment runs..", why there is a cost for environment 24/7? If I want to run ETL job only once per day, do I have to pay for the environment 24h?

2 Answers

why there is a cost for environment 24/7?

MWAA is not a stateless service. It is a service for stateful Airflow deployments, which means it requires continuous compute resources to run.

Amazon Managed Workflows for Apache Airflow Pricing

If I want to run ETL job only once per day, do I have to pay for the environment 24h?

Yes. When your ETL job is not running, Airflow is still deployed and running.

MWAA can not be paused/stopped in the way that for example ec2 instances can. Even if there are no jobs active or running, the MWAA instance is still running and generating charges.

Related