Problem
I am doing a video game environment design research and I happened to start with the basics of OpenGL with OpenTk-The C# variant of OpenGL. I got code to draw a cube object in my GameWindow with OpenTk from this site. I override the method OnLoad for my GameWindow object and I call the method to draw the cube but nothing happens, the code draws the GameWindow and NativeWIndow without any Graphical Object.
Expectations
I expected the code to draw a cube inside the GameWindow Object.
Code Applied
//extend the GameWindow object to access methods from the super
class MyWindow : GameWindow
{
public MyWindow(GameWindowSettings gameWindowSettings, NativeWindowSettings nativeWindowSettings) : base(gameWindowSettings, nativeWindowSettings)
{
WindowState = OpenTK.Windowing.Common.WindowState.Maximized;
}
//when the window is loaded, draw the cube
protected override void OnLoad()
{
this.DrawBox(10);
}
//method to draw the cube
private void DrawBox(float size)
{
float[,] n = new float[,]{
{-1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f},
{0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f},
{1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f},
{0.0f, -1.0f, 0.0f},
{0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f},
{0.0f, 0.0f, -1.0f}
};
int[,] faces = new int[,]{
{0, 1, 2, 3},
{3, 2, 6, 7},
{7, 6, 5, 4},
{4, 5, 1, 0},
{5, 6, 2, 1},
{7, 4, 0, 3}
};
float[,] v = new float[8, 3];
int i;
v[0, 0] = v[1, 0] = v[2, 0] = v[3, 0] = -size / 2;
v[4, 0] = v[5, 0] = v[6, 0] = v[7, 0] = size / 2;
v[0, 1] = v[1, 1] = v[4, 1] = v[5, 1] = -size / 2;
v[2, 1] = v[3, 1] = v[6, 1] = v[7, 1] = size / 2;
v[0, 2] = v[3, 2] = v[4, 2] = v[7, 2] = -size / 2;
v[1, 2] = v[2, 2] = v[5, 2] = v[6, 2] = size / 2;
GL.Begin(BeginMode.Quads);
for (i = 5; i >= 0; i--)
{
GL.Normal3(ref n[i, 0]);
GL.Vertex3(ref v[faces[i, 0], 0]);
GL.Vertex3(ref v[faces[i, 1], 0]);
GL.Vertex3(ref v[faces[i, 2], 0]);
GL.Vertex3(ref v[faces[i, 3], 0]);
}
GL.End();
}
}
//instantiation in the main method
GameWindowSettings gameWindowSettings= new GameWindowSettings();
NativeWindowSettings nativeWindowSettings = new NativeWindowSettings();
gameWindowSettings.IsMultiThreaded = false;
new MyWindow(gameWindowSettings, nativeWindowSettings).Run();
Please help me make this work.