I'm trying to collect data on the access point from a Docker container.
Normally I'd just run
$ iw dev wlp0s20f3 link
Connected to 8e:5a:25:a6:7f:81 (on wlp0s20f3)
SSID: My Wifi
freq: 2462
RX: 2481914864 bytes (3224435 packets)
TX: 1036520417 bytes (1800629 packets)
signal: -54 dBm
rx bitrate: 144.4 MBit/s MCS 15 short GI
tx bitrate: 144.4 MBit/s MCS 15 short GI
bss flags: short-slot-time
dtim period: 3
beacon int: 100
parse that text and be done with it. However, my container must be run in bridge mode, so I don't have access to the underlying device information.
I can mount read-only volumes /sys/class/net, but it doesn't seem to get me all the information I need. I can mount /proc/net/wireless, but the interface information I care about doesn't show up.
How might I access live data from a docker container in bridge mode? Specifically I'm looking for this information:
- Current SSID
- Access Point BSSID
- Access Point link signal strength
- Total data received
- Total data transmitted
- Receive bitrate
- Transmit bitrate