I'm currently planning to learn Java through the MOOC course but I'm unable to open the tmcbeans app after installation. I have tried reinstalling it but it does not seem to do anything. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
I'm currently planning to learn Java through the MOOC course but I'm unable to open the tmcbeans app after installation. I have tried reinstalling it but it does not seem to do anything. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
I had a similar problem in macOs Monterey and the following steps got tmcbeans up and running for me:
/usr/libexec/java_home-v'1.7*' (copy/save the result)Applications -> tmcbeans.appShow package contentsContents/Resources/tmcbeans/etc/ and open tmcbeans.conf in your preferred text editor#jdkhome="some path here..."Step 1 and paste it between the double quotes in Step 5jdkhome="your path here ..."Save, Quit and Restart tmcbeans.appI signed up for MOOC too, and what worked for me was to follow the steps to locate the JVM path of this video
My java ended up being under /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/temurin-11.jdk/Contents/Home
I then updated and uncommented the line jdkhome= of tmcbeans.conf (as described in the comment above), saved and relaunched tmcbeans. It worked perfectly after that.
Good luck!
I was facing the same issue on Windows 10. I found out that TMCBeans is currently not compatible with OpenJDK Versions > 11. Thus, I did the following things for TMCBeans to function correctly.