JFrog - what is the name of the spring boot starter parent pom? org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-parent

Viewed 43

I'm having a maven install issue, where the error is as follows:

[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-parent:pom:2.1.4.RELEASE and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 16, column 10 -> [Help 2]
org.apache.maven.model.resolution.UnresolvableModelException: Could not find artifact org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-parent:pom:2.1.4.RELEASE

Here is the entry in pom.xml for the parent pom:

    <parent>
        <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring-boot-starter-parent</artifactId>
        <version>2.1.4.RELEASE</version>
    </parent>

I checked with the dev ops engineer, and he said to check JFrog to see what version of the spring boot starter parent is there and to use that.

My question is, where/how do I find it within JFrog? I'm looking under "artifacts", but they are organized by name, not domain, so I need to know what name to look for.

1 Answers

I was facing same issue when switched from repositories on internet to jFROG repository. The reason behind my problem were as follows

  1. "Artefactory Requests Can Retrieve Artifacts" configuration was disabled inside advanced section of virtual repository
  2. jFROG virtual repository was linked with only local repository. So, jFROG was searching only in local repo. Never tried remote repositories on internet. So, I created a remote repository in jFROG and linked it with virtual respository

Post above 2 steps build got successful

How to enable "Artefactory Requests Can Retrieve Artifacts"

How to link remote repository to virtual repository

Related