How do I review a PR assigned to me in VS 2022

Viewed 1999

A team member has assigned me a large PR to review in our github repo. I'd like to be able to review it/ comment on it / approve it from within Visual studio.

I am using VS 2022, in previous editions there was a PullRequest option in the github pane of the team explorer. Thats gone away in 2022 and I cant find an option to work the PR assigned to me within the new VS ide.

1 Answers

This isn't currently available in Visual Studio 2022, even though Microsoft claims that all of the functionality from GitHub Extension for Visual Studio was incorporated into VS2022. The ability to view the list of pull requests and review them inside of VS2022 is not there.

We currently keep 2019 with the GitHub Extension for Visual Studio installed just to perform PR reviews because the GitHub web experience is relatively terrible for any non-trivial reviews, in our opinion.

Related