I have started working on Janusgraph with Java in embedded mode. I was able to make it work and create a graph with HBASE as the backend. I am able to interact with the graph using the apis in the application which use the janusgraph(tinkerpop) functions to interact with the underlying storage (i assume).
my properties file:
gremlin.graph=org.janusgraph.core.JanusGraphFactory
storage.backend=hbase
storage.hbase.ext.zookeeper.znode.parent=/hbase-unsecure
storage.hbase.table=<tableName>
storage.hostname=<hostnames...>
storage.port=2181
The below function provides the graph traversal source to work with the operations on the graph.
public GraphTraversalSource openGraph() {
log.info("Opening Graph");
graph = GraphFactory.open(configuration);
g = graph.traversal();
return g;
}
Most of the visualisation tools that i found support for integration with janusgraph, require a janusgraph server running separately. Is it even possible to visualise the graph created in embedded mode? Can someone help understand the exact working of the embedded mode of janusgraph and throw some light on its visualisation and if that is even possible? Its not well explained anywhere in the docs as well.