Xamarin Forms: Change default page push animation on Android

Viewed 214

In Xamarin Forms 5.0, I created a TabbedPage and nested NavigationPage instances as its children. I noticed that the page push animation does not slide from right to left unlike iOS. How can I change the default transition animation? Please note that I do not want to use a third-party library for animations. Ideally, I'd like to solve this problem with a custom renderer / effect.

private void SetMainPage()
{
    var tabbedPage = new Xamarin.Forms.TabbedPage { BarBackgroundColor = Color.White };

    Xamarin.Forms.PlatformConfiguration.AndroidSpecific.TabbedPage.SetToolbarPlacement(tabbedPage, ToolbarPlacement.Bottom);

    tabbedPage.Children.Add(new NavigationPage(new AboutPage()) { BarBackgroundColor = Color.Black, Title = "Tab1", IconImageSource = "icon_about" });
    tabbedPage.Children.Add(new NavigationPage(new AboutPage()) { BarBackgroundColor = Color.Black, Title = "Tab2", IconImageSource = "icon_feed" });

    MainPage = tabbedPage;
}
1 Answers

Why don't you just use NavigationPage as the parent of your TabbedPage ? I am using XF 5.0.0.2012 and working with this way

Related