ImportError: Module use of python36.dll conflicts with this version of Python

Viewed 1495

English is not my mother tongue, so there might be some grammatical errors in my question.
Sorry about that.

Recently I needed to learn tensorflow. My python version is 3.9, it might be incompatible with tensorflow. So I installed anaconda and built a virtual environment named "tensorflow".I used VScode to run my code.
First,I activate environment "tensorflow" in VScode.
PS C:\Users\57142\Desktop\Project files\GongYiRu'sArticle> conda activate tensorflow
My python version in this env.

PS C:\Users\57142\Desktop\Project files\GongYiRu'sArticle> python --version
Python 3.6.13 :: Anaconda, Inc.

My tensorflow-gpu version is 2.5.0.
Here are my pythonpath.
['', 'C:\\Users\\57142\\anaconda3\\envs\\tensorflow\\python36.zip', 'C:\\Users\\57142\\anaconda3\\envs\\tensorflow\\DLLs', 'C:\\Users\\57142\\anaconda3\\envs\\tensorflow\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\57142\\anaconda3\\envs\\tensorflow', 'C:\\Users\\57142\\anaconda3\\envs\\tensorflow\\lib\\site-packages']
But when I ran my code.I got this error. demo.py is my code. And "1" is its parameter.

PS C:\Users\57142\Desktop\Project files\GongYiRu'sArticle> .\simple-examples\data\demo.py 1
2021-12-09 18:19:51.635939: I tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:53] Successfully opened dynamic library cudart64_110.dll
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\57142\anaconda3\envs\tensorflow\lib\site-packages\tensorflow\python\pywrap_tensorflow.py", line 64, in <module>
    from tensorflow.python._pywrap_tensorflow_internal import *
ImportError: Module use of python36.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\57142\Desktop\Project files\GongYiRu'sArticle\simple-examples\data\demo.py", line 8, in <module>
    import tensorflow as tf
  File "C:\Users\57142\anaconda3\envs\tensorflow\lib\site-packages\tensorflow\__init__.py", line 41, in <module>
    from tensorflow.python.tools import module_util as _module_util
  File "C:\Users\57142\anaconda3\envs\tensorflow\lib\site-packages\tensorflow\python\__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
    from tensorflow.python.eager import context
  File "C:\Users\57142\anaconda3\envs\tensorflow\lib\site-packages\tensorflow\python\eager\context.py", line 35, in <module>
    from tensorflow.python import pywrap_tfe
  File "C:\Users\57142\anaconda3\envs\tensorflow\lib\site-packages\tensorflow\python\pywrap_tfe.py", line 28, in <module>
    from tensorflow.python import pywrap_tensorflow
  File "C:\Users\57142\anaconda3\envs\tensorflow\lib\site-packages\tensorflow\python\pywrap_tensorflow.py", line 83, in <module>
    raise ImportError(msg)
ImportError: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\57142\anaconda3\envs\tensorflow\lib\site-packages\tensorflow\python\pywrap_tensorflow.py", line 64, in <module>
    from tensorflow.python._pywrap_tensorflow_internal import *
ImportError: Module use of python36.dll conflicts with this version of Python.


Failed to load the native TensorFlow runtime.

After seveval attempts, a new question occured.When I ran my code using py -3.6 like this.

(tensorflow) C:\Users\57142\Desktop\Project files\GongYiRu'sArticle>py -3.6 simple-examples\data\demo.py 1 
Python 3.6 not found!
Installed Pythons found by py Launcher for Windows
 -3.9-64 *

It said "python 3.6 is not found". But I do have python 3.6.13 in my anaconda environment.

I googled almost every question like this. But I still have not solved this question. I will be very grateful if you can offer me some advice. Thank you!

1 Answers

As error says conflict in Python version, While creating conda environment install python version to avoid conflict.Looks there are two versions of Python(3.6 and 3.9) installed on your system.

conda create -n tf python=3.6 anaconda
#Activate environment 
activate tf
#Install Tensorflow
conda install tensorflow==2.5
Related