Matlab plot requires the data to be of the same dimension. Meaning, you cannot plot a 1x10 vector with a 1x1x10 vector. This is sometimes necessary. For those purposes, you can use the squeeze function to get rid of the singleton dimensions.
However, this is kind of a hassle. For the plot function specifically, it would be useful to have the argument always squeezed. How would one go about creating a new function, lets call it splot which squeezes every input and passes it onto plot. Here is an attempt (that doesn't work)
function splot(varargin)
for i=1:length(varargin)
varargin{i}=squeeze(varargin{i});
end
plot(varargin)
end
plot(varargin) part fails, because that is simply not how matlab syntax works. But is there any way to achieve what I want? I guess I could write a long if elseif chain where I manually write the case with every possible number of input arguments like:
if length(varargin)==2
plot(varargin{1},varargin{2})
if length(varargin)==3
plot(varargin{1},varargin{2},varargin{3})
But this is going to be very annoying. Any better ideas.
This question is similar to Is there any mechanism to auto squeeze in Matlab / Octave , however, not similar enough, because the other question is for squeezing every vector, which is a bad idea. Here I am asking a way to squeeze only the inputs to the plot function and requiring syntax help.