I'm trying to generate a list with several values that add up to the total value. The list works properly, but I still want to ask if there are possibilities to optimize this better. I have tried several attempts with different functionalities but unfortunately this does not give the exact result.
I don't need the exact solution just a step in the right direction will help me a lot.
This is how the code looks right now.
fun getTotal(amps:List<Int>): MutableMap<Int, Int>{
val listEqual = mutableMapOf<Int,Int>()
if(amps.size > 8) {
listEqual[0] = listOf(
amps[0],
amps[1],
amps[2],
amps[3],
amps[4],
amps[5],
amps[6],
amps[7],
amps[8],
amps[9]
).sum()
if(amps.size > 18) {
listEqual[1] = listOf(
amps[10],
amps[11],
amps[12],
amps[13],
amps[14],
amps[15],
amps[16],
amps[17],
amps[18],
amps[19]
).sum()
if(amps.size > 28) {
listEqual[2] = listOf(
amps[20],
amps[21],
amps[22],
amps[23],
amps[24],
amps[25],
amps[26],
amps[27],
amps[28],
amps[29]
).sum()
if(amps.size > 38) {
listEqual[3] = listOf(
amps[30],
amps[31],
amps[32],
amps[33],
amps[34],
amps[35],
amps[36],
amps[37],
amps[38],
amps[39]
).sum()
if(amps.size > 47) {
listEqual[4] = listOf(
amps[40],
amps[41],
amps[42],
amps[43],
amps[44],
amps[45],
amps[46],
amps[47],
amps[48]
).sum()
}
}
}
}
}
return listEqual
}