How to allow // comments in scss within Stylelint (Unknown Word)

Viewed 3332

I'm new to Stylelint. I tried to understand docs and searched GitHub, but all explanations are full of double negatives and I'm confused!
The problem is that when I use // for comments, it throws Unknown word (CssSyntaxError)Stylelint(CssSyntaxError).

Examples:

How can I solve this issue, or perhaps disable Stylelint check on commented lines?

1 Answers

Stylelint is designed for CSS - the language has come a long way in the last few years and extensions like SCSS and Less are often not needed.

However, Stylelint can - through community custom syntaxes and plugins - be extended to support SCSS. The easiest way to do this is by extending the stylelint-config-standard-scss shared config. This config, created by the SCSS community, includes the postcss-scss syntax and stylelint-scss plugin - a collection of rules specific to SCSS - and configures Stylelint's built-in rules for SCSS.

You should first install the config as a dependency:

npm i --save-dev stylelint-config-standard-scss

And then set your configuration object (e.g. your .stylelintrc.json file) to:

{
  "extends": "stylelint-config-standard-scss"
}

The problem is that when I use // for comments, it throws Unknown word (CssSyntaxError)Stylelint(CssSyntaxError).

Double slash comments (//) are not standard CSS and can't be parsed by the CSS parser built into Stylelint, hence the syntax error. The SCSS parser included in the stylelint-config-standard-scss shared config can parser double slash comments correctly.

Related