I have a composable containing a google maps view. When I click on a pin on the map I would like to trigger navController.navigate so I can navigate to another composable. However, when I call it the application gets stuck instead of navigating. Navigating on a button clicks works as expected.
I have also created a very simple application that is demonstrating the problem. The MainActivity looks like this:
class MainActivity : ComponentActivity() {
override fun onCreate(savedInstanceState: Bundle?) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState)
setContent {
val navController = rememberNavController()
NavHost(navController = navController, startDestination = "Screen1") {
composable("Screen1") {
Button({ navController.navigate("MapsScreen") }) {
Text(text = "Go to Maps")
}
}
composable("MapsScreen") {
val mapView = rememberMapViewWithLifecycle()
AndroidView({ mapView }) { mapView ->
mapView.getMapAsync { map ->
map.setOnInfoWindowClickListener {
navController.navigate("Screen1")
}
val markerOptions = MarkerOptions()
.position(LatLng(41.390205, 2.154007))
.title("Barcelona")
map.addMarker(markerOptions)!!
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
@Composable
fun rememberMapViewWithLifecycle(): MapView {
val context = LocalContext.current
val mapView = remember {
MapView(context).apply {
id = R.id.map
}
}
val lifecycle = LocalLifecycleOwner.current.lifecycle
DisposableEffect(lifecycle, mapView) {
// Make MapView follow the current lifecycle
val lifecycleObserver = getMapLifecycleObserver(mapView)
lifecycle.addObserver(lifecycleObserver)
onDispose {
lifecycle.removeObserver(lifecycleObserver)
}
}
return mapView
}
private fun getMapLifecycleObserver(mapView: MapView): LifecycleEventObserver =
LifecycleEventObserver { _, event ->
when (event) {
Lifecycle.Event.ON_CREATE -> mapView.onCreate(Bundle())
Lifecycle.Event.ON_START -> mapView.onStart()
Lifecycle.Event.ON_RESUME -> mapView.onResume()
Lifecycle.Event.ON_PAUSE -> mapView.onPause()
Lifecycle.Event.ON_STOP -> mapView.onStop()
Lifecycle.Event.ON_DESTROY -> mapView.onDestroy()
else -> throw IllegalStateException()
}
}
In the project I use androidx.navigation:navigation-compose:2.4.0-beta02 which is the latest version at the moment according to the documentation.
The complete project is available on Github
As an inspiration for the example I have used: Using Google Maps in a Jetpack Compose app and Crane Sample
What could be the problem and how to solve it?