I am trying to setup a local cluster using minikube in a Windows machine. Following some tutorials in kubernetes.io, I got the following manifest for the cluster:
apiVersion: apps/v1
kind: Deployment
metadata:
name: external-nginx-deployment
labels:
app: external-nginx
spec:
selector:
matchLabels:
app: external-nginx
replicas: 2
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: external-nginx
spec:
containers:
- name: external-nginx
image: nginx
ports:
- containerPort: 80
---
apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
name: expose-nginx
labels:
service: expose-nginx
spec:
type: NodePort
selector:
app: external-nginx
ports:
- protocol: TCP
port: 80
targetPort: 80
nodePort: 32000
If I got things right, this should create a pod with a nginx instance and expose it to the host machine at port 32000.
However, when I run curl http://$(minikube ip):32000, I get a connection refused error.
I ran bash inside the service expose-nginx via kubectl exec svc/expose-nginx -it bash and from there I was able to access the external-nginx pods normally, which lead me to believe it is not a problem within the cluster.
I also tried to change the type of the service to LoadBalancer and enable the minikube tunnel, but got the same result.
Is there something I am missing?