I am working on an app where I need to store and read data from firestore. Currently I am using a list of Maps to generate widgets. My list is
List<Map> subjects = [
{"name": "WAK", "time": 13.30, "day": 'Mon'},
{"name": "RAD", "time": 10.30, "day": 'Tue'},
{"name": "PQR", "time": 15.15, "day": 'Fri'}
];
From the above list I am generating widgets that the app will show using column widget. My flutter screen is as shown here:
Now, I want to achieve same thing, but instead of a predefined list I want to fetch data from firestore. For which I have written the following code:
FirebaseFirestore.instance
.collection('classes')
.get()
.then((QuerySnapshot querySnapshot) {
querySnapshot.docs.forEach((doc) {
print(doc.data());
});
});
From the above code I get the output in terminal as:
I/flutter ( 5012): {subject: SE, fromTime: 1115, days: [Mon, Wed]}
I/flutter ( 5012): {subject: OSSS, fromTime: 1430, days: [Tue, Wed, Fri]}
As you can see, the structure of each document is almost same as of the map which I defined above, but I could not figure out how to take the data from this and store it in a list of maps so that I could generate the widgets in the same way I generated before. Also, is there any better or efficient way to fetch data from firestore and use it in my widgets.
