I am having trouble connecting my remote postgres service to pg_admin.Tried all possible way still failing

Viewed 60

I want to connect my remote postgres service which is on a VM to my desktop pg_admin, but I am getting the same error again and again. I saw many people have the same issue and the solutions provided on stackoverflow is not helping me. As of now these are the configurations I have made in postgres conf file and pg_hba.conf file.

pg_hba.conf :

# If you want to allow non-local connections, you need to add more
# "host" records.  In that case you will also need to make PostgreSQL
# listen on a non-local interface via the listen_addresses
# configuration parameter, or via the -i or -h command line switches.
host    replication     replication     master_ip/24      md5
host       all            all             0.0.0.0/0       md5


# DO NOT DISABLE!
# If you change this first entry you will need to make sure that the
# database superuser can access the database using some other method.
# Noninteractive access to all databases is required during automatic
# maintenance (custom daily cronjobs, replication, and similar tasks).
#
# Database administrative login by Unix domain socket
local   all             postgres                                trust

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

# "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
local   all             all                                     trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host       all            all           my_ip/32       md5
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5

# Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the
# replication privilege.
local   replication     all                                     peer
host    replication     all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
host    replication     all             ::1/128                 md5
host    all             all              my_ip/32               md5
host    all             all              ::/0                   md5
host       all          all               0.0.0.0/0             md5

postgresql.conf :

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = '*'      # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                    # comma-separated list of addresses;
                    # defaults to 'localhost'; use '*' for all
                    # (change requires restart)
port = 5432             # (change requires restart)
max_connections = 100           # (change requires restart)
#superuser_reserved_connections = 3 # (change requires restart)
unix_socket_directories = '/var/run/postgresql' # comma-separated list of directories
                    # (change requires restart)
#unix_socket_group = ''         # (change requires restart)
#unix_socket_permissions = 0777     # begin with 0 to use octal notation
                    # (change requires restart)
#bonjour = off              # advertise server via Bonjour
                    # (change requires restart)
#bonjour_name = ''          # defaults to the computer name
                    # (change requires restart)

pg_admin connection window :

data that I add in pg_admin

Error that I get while connecting :

enter image description here

let me know what can be the possible issue for this, I have tried adding entry on pg_hba.conf and listen_port is allowd "*". If any other info is needed please comment. There are many similar questions but that didn't help that's why adding the question.

0 Answers
Related