How does Cloudflare differentiate a request from chrome and from postman?

Viewed 475

I can open a Cloudflare protected site in Chrome without problems. In the first GET request, I can see in devtools the complete response being returned with a 200 status.

But if I copy this first request as cURL in devtools, import into Postman and execute it, I will get a response containing claudflare's captcha and a 403 status.

I'd just like to understand - how does Cloudflare knows the postman request doesn't come from a browser? Even with the same IP, the same country, the same user-agent, and all headers.

1 Answers

The information is available in the User-agent header of the request. You can open the command line in Postman and expand request headers to see it. You can use a Pre-request script to override it and see if that helps: Here is a link to help you on that: Postman - Override User-Agent for each request

Related