I have an azure functions and iam using the logging function:
log.Info("log1").
I need to store the logs on blobstorage as txt file or similar. Is there a better integrated way to do it via rules on application insights?
I have an azure functions and iam using the logging function:
log.Info("log1").
I need to store the logs on blobstorage as txt file or similar. Is there a better integrated way to do it via rules on application insights?
As an Azure Function can have any number of bindings, you can utilize the blob output binding to upload log as a blob. Here's an example in .Net.
[FunctionName("MyFunction")]
public static async Task<IActionResult> Run(
[HttpTrigger(AuthorizationLevel.Function, "get", "post", Route = null)] HttpRequest req,
[Blob("test", Connection = "ConnectionStringAppSetting")] BlobContainerClient output,
ILogger log)
{
string logContent = "C# HTTP trigger function processed a request.";
log.LogInformation(logContent);
await output.UploadBlobAsync("log", BinaryData.FromString(logContent));
return new OkObjectResult("Function executed successfully");
}
Refer to this documentation for samples in all supported languages.