I'm trying the wrap my head around the Client Credentials Flow of Spotify API and in their documentation they have this way to get the Access Token:
var client_id = 'CLIENT_ID';
var client_secret = 'CLIENT_SECRET';
const authOptions = {
url: "https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token",
headers: {
"Authorization":
"Basic " +
new Buffer.from(clientID + ":" + clientSecret).toString("base64"),
"Content-Type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded",
},
form: {
grant_type: "client_credentials",
},
json: true,
};
request.post(authOptions, function(error, response, body) {
if (!error && response.statusCode === 200) {
var token = body.access_token;
}
});
Now I'm trying to get that token and export or use it in the API calls but whatever I do, I cannot access that statement.
Putting the POST into a variable or function and calling it results in undefined.
This is what I'm trying to achieve:
import authOptions from "./credentials.js";
import pkg from "request";
const { post } = pkg;
const Spotify = {
getAccessToken() {
post(authOptions, function (error, response, body) {
if (!error && response.statusCode === 200) {
const token = body.access_token;
return token;
}
});
},
async search(input) {
const accessToken = Spotify.getAccessToken();
const response = await fetch(
`https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=${input}&type=artist`,
{
headers: {
"Authorization": `Bearer ${accessToken}`,
"Content-Type": "application/json",
},
}
);
const data = await response.json();
console.log(data);
},
};
export default Spotify;
Yet of course there's no Access Token returned from that post request.
Is there any way I can convert that piece of code into Async/Await?