I'm building a web app using ExtJS, and I have a Google Chart that displays the number of days it takes for a task to be completed, along with the count for those days. The aim is to easily see if the tasks are being done within a reasonable amount of time, or if a lot of the task are completed at a much longer time period.
I can fetch the data with no problems, and I convert the raw data to something that Google Charts can process using a function:
var output_data= "";
var output_data_array = [];
var data_count = data.length;
google.charts.load('current', {'packages':['corechart', 'bar']});
var header = "[\"Days\", \"Count\", { role: \"style\" } ],";
output_data_array.push(["Days, type: 'string'", "Count, type: 'number'", "{role: \"style\"}"]);
for(var i = 0 ; i < data_count ; i++){
var data_entry = data[i];
var number_of_days = data_entry.days;
var count = parseFloat(data_entry.count);
var color;
if(number_of_days < limit){
color = 'green';
}
else{
color = 'red';
}
output_data_array.push([number_of_days, count, color]);
}
var output_data_table = google.visualization.arrayToDataTable([
output_data_array
], false);
return output_data_table;
The function above generates my data array, which includes a data header before the actual data. I call this function in this function below:
var graph_data = this.convertData_forGoogleCharts(analytics_data_array, 15);
google.charts.load('current', {'packages':['corechart', 'bar']});
// Set a callback to run when the Google Visualization API is loaded.
google.charts.setOnLoadCallback(drawChart);
function drawChart() {
var view = new google.visualization.DataView(graph_data);
view.setColumns([0, 1,
{ calc: "stringify",
sourceColumn: 1,
type: "string",
role: "annotation" },
2]);
var options = {
title: "Test Chart",
width: width,
height: height,
bar: {groupWidth: "95%"},
legend: { position: "none" },
};
var chart = new google.visualization.ColumnChart(document.getElementById("myChartPanel"));
chart.draw(view, options);
}
However, after I ran this, I got the following error:
Data column(s) for axis #0 cannot be of type string
Which is odd because I added in the a type field in the column header. I'm also not sure if I can do addColumn in my arrayToDataTable like how it would go for DataTable.
