I have just installed Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers on Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.7, yesterday. I dragged the Eclipse.app from the Downloads folder to the Application folder. It was working just fine. I created a couple of servlets. But today when I clicked on the app to open it, I got a problem report (Error), and so it didn't open.
The error details are..
Time Awake Since Boot: 3300 seconds
System Integrity Protection: enabled
Crashed Thread: 0
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note:
EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFYTermination Reason: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x1
kernel messages:
VM Regions Near 0 (cr2):
__TEXT 000000000c447000-000000000c44b000 [ 16K] r-x/r-x SM=COWThread 0 Crashed: 0 ???
0x0000000015674000 _dyld_start + 0Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit): rax: 0x0000000000000000 rbx: 0x0000000000000000 rcx: 0x0000000000000000 rdx: 0x0000000000000000 rdi: 0x0000000000000000 rsi: 0x0000000000000000 rbp: 0x0000000000000000 rsp: 0x00007ffee37bcc60
r8: 0x0000000000000000 r9: 0x0000000000000000 r10: 0x0000000000000000 r11: 0x0000000000000000 r12: 0x0000000000000000 r13: 0x0000000000000000 r14: 0x0000000000000000 r15: 0x0000000000000000 rip: 0x0000000015674000 rfl: 0x0000000000000200 cr2: 0x0000000000000000 Logical CPU: 0 Error Code:
0x00000000 Trap Number: 0
In fact, I already googled the issue but the solutions that worked for others didn't work for me. For example, I tried the following solutions:
- move the Eclipse.app from the Application folder
eclipse -clean- I double clicked the executable eclipse, which in
/Applications/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS
I thought of re-installing Eclipse, but before that I want to know if there is a solution for this issue.