I am trying to install a number of dependencies for my jupyter notebook, but would like them to be permanent to save me 20 minutes every time I restart the notebook. I have opted for using a lifecycle configuration, however, my script takes longer than 5 minutes to run. I found this article (https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/sagemaker-lifecycle-script-timeout/) to help resolve this problem, however, my notebook is still failing to start with the following error:
Notebook Instance Lifecycle Config 'arn:aws:sagemaker:eu-west-2:347285168835:notebook-instance-lifecycle-config/nbs-aap-dev-dsar' for Notebook Instance 'arn:aws:sagemaker:eu-west-2:347285168835:notebook-instance/nbs-aap-dev-dsar' took longer than 5 minutes. Please check your CloudWatch logs for more details if your Notebook Instance has Internet access.
Here is the script I am trying to run:
sudo nohup yum install wget &
sudo yum install autoconf &
sudo yum install automake &
sudo yum install libtool &
sudo yum install jpeg &
sudo yum install tiff &
sudo yum install libpng &
sudo yum install tiff2png &
sudo yum install libtiff &
sudo yum install autoconf aclocal automake &
sudo yum install libtool &
sudo yum -y install libjpeg-devel libpng-devel libpng-devel libtiff-devel zlib-devel &
sudo yum install gcc gcc-c++ make &
sudo wget https://github.com/DanBloomberg/leptonica/releases/download/1.82.0/leptonica-1.82.0.tar.gz &
sudo tar xzvf leptonica-1.82.0.tar.gz &
cd leptonica-1.82.0 &
sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ &
sudo make &
sudo make install &
sudo wget https://codeload.github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/tar.gz/4.1.1 &
sudo tar -zxvf 4.1.1 &
cd tesseract-4.1.1 &
sudo ./autogen.sh &
sudo cp /home/ec2-user/leptonica-1.82.0/lept.pc /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/. &
sudo LIBLEPT_HEADERSDIR=/usr/local/lib ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --with-extra-libraries=/usr/local/lib &
sudo make &
sudo make install &
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib &
sudo ldconfig &
sudo wget https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tessdata_best/raw/main/eng.traineddata &
sudo mv -v eng.traineddata /usr/local/share/tessdata/eng.traineddata &
sudo wget https://github.com/ArtifexSoftware/ghostpdl-downloads/releases/download/gs9550/ghostpdl-9.55.0.tar.gz &
sudo tar -zxvf ghostpdl-9.55.0.tar.gz &
cd ghostpdl-9.55.0 &
sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ &
sudo make &
sudo make install &
sudo yum -y install poppler-utils &
sudo wget https://github.com/qpdf/qpdf/releases/download/release-qpdf-10.1.0/qpdf-10.1.0.tar.gz &
sudo tar xzvf qpdf-10.1.0.tar.gz &
cd qpdf-10.1.0 &
sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ &
sudo make &
sudo make install