Copy Pywinauto module from one PC to another

Viewed 44

I have pip installed the pywinauto module in my laptop. I want to install it on my work computer. But there is a proxy and I don´t know how to install pywinauto behind the proxy (I found on the internet that I should use --proxy http://user:pass@proxyAddress:proxyPort but I don´t have a username and password).

I thought maybe I could locate my Pywinauto file on my laptop and paste it on my fixed computer. I have already located it in my laptop (in \Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\pywinauto) but will it work to send it to my fixed computer and paste it on \Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages?

Thank you very much

1 Answers

You can download and copy latest pywinauto source code (now it is https://github.com/pywinauto/pywinauto/archive/refs/tags/0.6.8.zip), unpack it and run python setup.py install on your work PC. Though you need also to install dependencies the same way. They are all mentioned in Manual Installation.

BTW, pip install can work with local zip/tar.gz archive. I'd recommend to install wheel package first and then install pywin32 from downloaded .whl file by pip.

P.S. In more complicated case it's possible to set up local PyPI index available in your work network without proxy. But I guess it's not so easy for you.

Related