I have a few small data frames that I'm outputting to excel on one sheet. To make then fit better, I need to merge some cells in one table, but to write this in xlsx writer, I need to specify the data parameter. I want to keep the data that is already written in the left cell from using the to_excel() bit of code. Is there a way to do this without having to specify the data parameter? Or do I need to lookup the value in the dataframe to put in there.
For example:
df.to_excel(writer, 'sheet') gives similar to the following output:
Then I want to merge across C:D for this table without having to specify what data should be there (because it is already in column C), using something like:
worksheet.merge_range('C1:D1', cell_format = fmat) etc.
to get below:
Is this possible? Or will I need to lookup the values in the dataframe?

