I want to generate a list of dictionaries through the loop. I came across that we can use with_sequence to generate the integer sequences in ansible. I am getting the following error:
The offending line appears to be:
- { "dir": "{{ mat_cleaner_input_file_path_flow }}/{{ item }}" }
with_sequence: start=0 end={{ http_range }}
^ here
We could be wrong, but this one looks like it might be an issue with
missing quotes. Always quote template expression brackets when they
start a value. For instance:
with_items:
- {{ foo }}
Should be written as:
with_items:
- "{{ foo }}"
My config.j2:
{{ cleaner_config | to_nice_yaml(indent=2) }}
My task.yml:
---
- name: Test dictionaries playbook
hosts: localhost
connection: local
vars:
mat_cleaner_input_file_path_flow: "/var/opt/miq/sftp/edr-flow"
mat_cleaner_input_file_path_http: "/var/opt/miq/sftp/edr-http"
mat_cleaner_input_retention_period: 21600
http_range: 5
cleaner_config:
- { "dir": "{{ mat_cleaner_input_file_path_flow }}/{{ item }}" }
with_sequence: start=0 end={{ http_range }}
tasks:
- name: Set Cleaner Config
template:
src: /home/osboxes/CleanerConfig/cleaner.config.j2
dest: /home/osboxes/CleanerConfig/output
delegate_to: localhost
with_items: cleaner_config
I want the final output file to be:
dir: /var/opt/miq/sftp/edr-flow/0
dir: /var/opt/miq/sftp/edr-flow/1
dir: /var/opt/miq/sftp/edr-flow/2