Can PyCharm query results have a map hyperlink for geometry fields like pgAdmin?

Viewed 25

In pgAdmin, if a query result has geometry field then a map icon exists so you can view the geometry on a map (leaflet):

enter image description here

which jumps to a geometry viewer:

enter image description here

Unfortunately PyCharm doesn't have this which is about the only thing holding us up from using PyCharm as our default data interfacing tool:

enter image description here

Is there a possibility of adding this to PyCharm or a plugin for this?

1 Answers

I don't develop like this and I haven't used it personally, but it seems there is a new feature for this, shown here

View | Tool Windows | database -> Gear/Menus -> Show Geo Viewer (Will only work if JCEF is enabled, restart required)

Since this seems like a new feature, there may be some robustness issues at this time (e.g a ticket for supporting projections other than 4326, shown here). So your mileage may vary, but this may be something that's improved over time. If you have a team with paid licenses, I'd suggest you vote on issues you'd like to see implemented.

FWIW I'll also not you have 'PyCharm' as a tag, but this seems to be a question more related to their DataGrip IDE, which PyCharm is clearly using capabilities of. Your searches for help on google, etc. might be benefitted by including 'DataGrip' instead of 'PyCharm'

Related