How can I add new page on GitHub page sharing the same theme with index.md?

Viewed 216

Currently, I have one main page on my GitHub account (https://<username>.github.io/). I would like to add another page that shares the same theme with the main page.(https://<username>.github.io/<new_page>)

I have tried adding new markdown file (e.g. <new_page>.md) with this:

---
layout: page
title: "<new_page>"
permalink: /<new_page>/
---

at the top of file, but it didn't work. Also, tried to add theme: <same_theme> but it didn't work as well.

Note that the theme that I used is jekyll-theme-minimal.

Below is the example of my page: enter image description here

I would like to add another page with the same header on the left-hand side pane, just vary the right-hand side content.

1 Answers

step 1 create folder in current index example:

C:\Users\Jota W\Desktop\folder with index.html(folder1)\ other folder with index(folder2) finish.

step 2 vscode LINK html, < a class="nav-item nav-link" href="FOLDER2/">FOLDER2 NAME< /a>

Related