This should be fairly simple, I've done it before, but I am stumped. I have a PostgreSQL server set up on one machine on my internet and I am trying to access it from a different machine on the same network. I can connect to the database when on the same machine using localhost but not from other machines using that machines IP. The server is 10.0.0.23 and the other computers are of the same format (10.0.0.21 etc).
I enter jdbc:postgresql://10.0.0.23:5432/dbname and the user/pass, but it says "The connection attempt failed". The postgresql.conf file has been edited to uncomment the line that allows it to listen for all addresses (and configs refreshed in PgAdmin). I don't think that pg_hba.conf needs to be edited because I am on the same network, but that could be wrong. I have also tried editing the pg_hba.conf though to include the 10.0.0.X IPs but that did not help.
I'm fairly lost at this point, so any thoughts appreciate. Thanks!