Notion API: OAuth authentication with mobile app

Viewed 81

I'd like to consume the Notion API from a mobile app that I am developing. When trying to set up the redirect URI, it doesn't seem possible to use a redirect URI that does not use the https scheme. Every time that I type in a custom scheme, it gets prefixed with https://. My desired implementation is to open the mobile web browser to perform the Notion authentication and OAuth authorization, and then have Notion redirect back to my application. I would like to use a custom scheme like myapp://notion/oauth. Is there a way to register a non-HTTPS redirect URI?

1 Answers

Notion is an HTTP API, so for it to redirect to another service it would have to also use HTTP.

You can, however, register URL handlers for your app so the HTTP redirect process will open your app with the appropriate page.

Related