I've built a docker-compose.yml file however I see by default Docker Desktop App names the group of containers by parent folder name.
I need to change that name docker to another name
Thanks
I've built a docker-compose.yml file however I see by default Docker Desktop App names the group of containers by parent folder name.
I need to change that name docker to another name
Thanks
COMPOSE_PROJECT_NAME
Sets the project name. This value is prepended along with the service name to the container on start up. For example, if your project name is myapp and it includes two services db and web, then Compose starts containers named myapp_db_1 and myapp_web_1 respectively.
Setting this is optional. If you do not set this, the COMPOSE_PROJECT_NAME defaults to the basename of the project directory.
You can either set it by mentioning it in the .env file or while executing the docker-compose file.
By mentioning it in .env file
Create a .env file in the directory where docker-compose file is present and add the following statement.
COMPOSE_PROJECT_NAME = <project_name>
By mentioning it while executing the docker-compose file with the help of flag -p
docker-compose -f <docker_compose_file> -p "<project_name>" up
You can simply use the -p flag with docker-compose up, let's say you want to name your app stack-example
docker-compose -p="stack-example" up
declare name in the docker-compose.yml file and make sure to run as docker compose ... not docker-compose .... source: https://github.com/docker/compose/issues/1123#issuecomment-1130002420
name: project-name
services:
app:
build:
context: .