Checking folder and if it doesn't exist create it

Viewed 3433

I am quite new to python so I need some help. I would like to create a code that checks if a folder with a given name is created, if not, it creates it, if it exists, goes to it and in it checks if there is another folder with a given name, if not, it creates it. In my code I don't know how to go to folder that already exist or has just been created and repeat IF.

import os


MYDIR = ("test")
CHECK_FOLDER = os.path.isdir(MYDIR)


if not CHECK_FOLDER:
    os.makedirs(MYDIR)
    print("created folder : ", MYDIR)

else:
    print(MYDIR, "folder already exists.")
4 Answers

If you want to create a folder inside a second folder or check the existence of them you can use builtin os library:

import os

PATH = 'folder_1/folder_2'
if not os.path.exists(PATH):
    os.makedirs(PATH)

os.makedirs() create all folders in the PATH if they does not exist.

#!/usr/bin/python
import os
directory0="directory0"
## If folder doesn't exists, create it ##
if not os.path.isdir(directory0):
    os.mkdir(directory0)
Related