How to implement acrylic windows effect in WinUI3 in desktop application?

Viewed 1474

When creating WinUI 3 (Windows App SDK 1.0) project with VS 2022, I am unable to implement the acrylic background effect on Windows. I have done a lot of research and seen samples but unfortunately could not find reliable resources to implement Acrylic in WinUI 3 in Desktop. Please note I am specifically talking about 'WinUI 3 in Desktop' App not WinUI2 and UWP.

Not including any code because I have not implemented anything specific. Just created the template provided by Visual Studio.

2 Answers

Unfortunately, WinUI 3 in Desktop Apps does not support Acrylic or Mica materials as mentioned here. The support will come in Windows App SDK 1.1 probably in 2nd Quarter of 2022.

Acrylic effect is finally available in the app starting with Windows App SDK version 1.1 with 2 classes:

Take a look at sample for winrt/cpp.

Note that for C#, the sample is available in the WinUI3 Gallery (System backdrop).

Related