(Kotlin newbie here) I have a text file with rows that look like these:
1-1-1
1-1-2
1-1-3
2-1-1
2-1-2
etc.
I have to transform these data to a map where the key is the first 2 elements and the value is a list of the third elements that that match the key. For example, the above records will transform into this JSON:
1-1: [1, 2, 3]
2-1: [1, 2]
etc.
I'm unable to increment the list. Here's a simplified version, I get stuck on the "else":
fun main () {
val l1 = mutableListOf("1-1-1", "1-1-2", "1-1-3", "2-1-1", "2-1-2")
val m = mutableMapOf<String, List<Int>>()
for (e in l1) {
val c = e.split("-")
val key = "${c[0]}-${c[1]}"
if (m[key] == null) m[key] = listOf(c[2].toInt())
else println("How do I append to the list?")
}
println(m)
}
Output:
{1-1=[1], 2-1=[1]}
But I want:
{1-1=[1, 2, 3], 2-1=[1, 2]}
Thank you (comments about idiomatic form are welcome!)