My original data looks like this.
id season home_team away_team home_goals away_goals result winner
0 0 2006-07 Shu Liv 1 1 D NaN
1 1 2006-07 Ars Avl 1 1 D NaN
2 2 2006-07 Eve Wat 2 1 H Eve
3 3 2006-07 New Wig 2 1 H New
4 4 2006-07 Por Bla 3 0 H Por
The purpose is to build a model that predicts i.e.
Home Team Win 55%
Draw 13%
Away Team Win 32%
I Selected these 3 columns and label encoded them
home_team, away_team, winner
Then I created these new classes/lables.
df.loc[df["winner"]==df["home_team"],"home_team_win"]=1
df.loc[df["winner"]!=df["home_team"],"home_team_win"]=0
df.loc[df["result"]=='D',"draw"]=1
df.loc[df["result"]!='D',"draw"]=0
df.loc[df["winner"]==df["away_team"],"away_team_win"]=1
df.loc[df["winner"]!=df["away_team"],"away_team_win"]=0
Now the encoded data is looking like this,
home_team away_team home_team_win away_team_win draw
0 28 19 0 0 1
1 1 2 0 0 1
2 14 34 1 0 0
3 23 37 1 0 0
4 25 4 1 0 0
Initially, I used the code below for a single label 'home_team_win' and it worked fine, but it doesn't support multi classes/labels.
X = prediction_df.drop(['home_team_win'] ,axis=1)
y = prediction_df['home_team_win']
logReg=LogisticRegression(solver='lbfgs')
rfe = RFE(logReg, 20)
rfe = rfe.fit(X, y.values.ravel())
How to do Multi label classification or Multi class classification of this problem?