Can I use Prism for WinUI 3 apps?

Viewed 429

I'd like to use Prism in a WinUI 3 app, and I saw the Prism v8.1 release.

Additionally Prism 8.1 offers a new Prism.Uno.WInUI platform target for those wishing to build either native WinUI3, or Cross Platform WinUI 3 apps with Uno Platform.

I'm confused about Uno. I'm not using Uno, can I still use Prism in a WinUI 3 app without using Uno?

If yes, which packages do I need to install and in which projects? (I'd like to use DryIoc)

I guess Prism.DryIoc.Uno.WinUI must be added to the WinUI 3 app project.

But what about the other packages for using Prism?

2 Answers

If you specifically want to use 'Dryloc', you could try to use one of these Nuget packages:

  • Prism.Container.Extensions
  • Prism.DryIoc.Extensions

They should both be of general use and not target a specific UI technology.

If you install 'Prism.DryIoc.Extensions' using the Nuget-Package manager, dependent packages should be installed automatically.

See Github - Prism.Container.Extensions


Note there is also a package 'Prism.Core' that does not target a specific UI framework either. If contains features like an event aggregator.

Related