I have a node with the following json in chef nodes:
{
"name": "app-node-01",
"chef_environment": "dev",
"run_list": [
"recipe[hello-world]"
],
"normal": {
"app_version": "1.0.0",
"tags": [
]
}
}
I am trying to look for a way to manage this json config in github and when there is a change in the version of app_version, I update the json file in github and update the version to 1.0.1 and run a command like knife node edit -c <json file from github> app-node-01 the command will go over the json file and update the node in chef? is this possible?
I tried the command in my local but it opened the VI editor for me to edit.
I dont want to do manual edits as I am trying to look for a way to manage this also in github just like any other chef artifact (data bags, environment files, cookbooks etc)