I tried searching for this but couldn't find any similar questions. Let's say, for the sake of a simple example, I want to do the following using dplyr's pipe %>%.
c(1,3,5) %>% ls() %>% mean()
Setting aside what the use case would be for a pipeline like this, how can I call a function "mid-pipeline" that doesn't need any inputs coming from the left-hand side and just pass them along to the next function in the pipeline? Basically, I want to put an "intermission" or "interruption" of sorts into my pipeline, let that function do its thing, and then continue on my merry way. Obviously, the above doesn't actually work, and I know the T pipe %T>% also won't be of use here because it still expects the middle function to need inputs coming from the lhs. Are there options here shy of assigning intermediate objects and restarting the pipeline?