How to deal with "Expression evaluation is not supported" in Debezium?

Viewed 215

I'm trying Debezium with a connection to Oracle for the first time.

I get Cannot parse column default value '"MYUSER"."ISEQ$$_475890".nextval' to type '2'. Expression evaluation is not supported. (io.debezium.connector.oracle.OracleDefaultValueConverter)

There are two notable columns in a table I am trying: the first is INTEGER generated by default on null as identity (start with 90000000). This is a generated column, not a default value per se. I wonder if that uses a sequence and a default value under the covers, though strictly speaking it is generated and not a default value. Another column uses a default of SYSDATE which is an actual default value, but not a sequence.

Strangely, I don't see anything in the documentation for the Oracle connector or in general that explains what the default value restrictions are or how I can work around it. Can anyone help?

(Cross-posted)

0 Answers
Related