I need to duplicate one line of a specific table, but in same duplicated line I have to change the primary key. In my case the primary key is a three digit year. Example: this year would be 221, next year 222.
I'm using a record with a primary key of 999 that I'll duplicate. Now I need to make it dynamic (doesn't has to be dynamic while testing), so that I can use it for more than one table only, because it will be called from a procedure in RPGLE.
I've used a very static method for that before:
INSERT INTO Table
SELECT PK -- the PK is the new year, in this case 222 and all other fields are added as well.
FROM Table
WHERE PK = 999;
And I have tried to get something like that (I know that this is not working):
INSERT INTO Table WHERE PK = 222
SELECT * FROM Table WHERE PK = 999;
I hope this is enough information to understand what I would like to achieve and that its possible to do so.
Thanks in advance