How would I be able to improve this animated static noise effect using a css gradient?
CSS only, no javascript, no svg, no image, using only a gradient, and adjusting that.
A tv no signal noise effect is what I am looking for using a css gradient.
Does anyone know how this effect can be improved, made better?
Is there a better way it can be written?
I am looking for something that is more accurate to a tv noise effect.
I think the way this effect is written can be improved.
Are there any tweaks or adjustments that can be made to it to so that it better depicts a tv noise effect?
The gradient can be anything, as long as it is a gradient, it doesn't matter what kind.
This one uses radial gradient:
https://jsfiddle.net/xhdkza5w/
html,
body {
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
display: flex;
}
.tv-static {
width: 500px;
height: 300px;
margin: auto;
background-image: repeating-radial-gradient(circle at 17% 32%, white, black 0.00085px);
animation: back 5s linear infinite;
}
@keyframes back {
from {
background-size: 100% 100%;
}
to {
background-size: 200% 200%;
}
}
<div class="tv-static"></div>
This one uses a conic-gradient: https://jsfiddle.net/bkx50apm/
html,
body {
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
display: flex;
}
.tv-static {
width: 500px;
height: 300px;
margin: auto;
background-image: repeating-conic-gradient(white, black 0.00085%);
animation: back 25s linear infinite;
}
@keyframes back {
from {
background-size: 100% 100%;
}
to {
background-size: 200% 200%;
}
}
<div class="tv-static"></div>