I know that questions about Firestore permission errors have been asked a lot, but my situation may be unique. This is because of three things:
- my database is in test mode which should allow access to anyone (right?)
- I am getting the error while simulating my app with an authenticated firebase user
- I am able to write data--the error only happened while reading it.
Here are my security rules:
rules_version = '2';
service cloud.firestore {
match /databases/{database}/documents {
match /{document=**} {
allow read, write: if
request.time < timestamp.date(2021, 12, 31);
}
}
}
Here is a screenshot of a description of Firestore's test database mode:
The actual error I got was this:
Error: Error Domain=FIRStorageErrorDomain Code=-13021 "User does not have permission
to access gs://zimmerfour.appspot.com/senderID." UserInfo={object=senderID,
ResponseBody={
"error": {
"code": 403,
"message": "Permission denied. Please enable Firebase Storage for your bucket by visiting the Storage tab in the Firebase Console and ensure that you have sufficient permission to properly provision resources."
EDIT:
I haven't changed the overall Cloud Storage rules. They are still set to the default of:
service firebase.storage {
match /b/{bucket}/o {
match /{allPaths=**} {
allow read, write: if request.auth != null;
}
}
}
