I needed to edit a package that I was using in my project, so I moved it from my venv to my project directory. I then went ahead and edited the code and changed my imports - all working perfectly.
When I moved the package from the venv, there was another folder with the name "package_name.dist-info" which contains the following files:
- "INSTALLER" - File type is listed as "File" in my Windows Explorer. The word "pip" is the only content inside this file when I view it in VS Code.
- "LICENSE.md" - File type "Markdown file" and contains the MIT licensing description
- "METADATA" - File type is also listed only as "File" in my Windows Explorer. The file appears to be in Markdown format and contains info about the package, the version, who wrote it, where the GitHub repo is, etc.
- "RECORD" - File type also listed only as "File" in my Windows Explorer. The file contains paths to a bunch of directories within the package.
- "REQUESTED" - also has the generic file type "File" and is empty.
- "top_level.txt" - Text file with only the name of the package inside
- "WHEEL" - also has the generic file type "File" and has 4 lines about the wheel information
Before I go ahead and try, what does this folder do if I am not using the package from my venv / pip install anymore and am I allowed to delete it?