Is there a way to run a video/audio call in the background using the Flutter Twilio Programmable Video plugin?

Viewed 193

I'm creating a Flutter app and I want to integrate audio/video call functionality using the Flutter twilio_programmable_video package. I want to be able to move the call process to the background so I can navigate through the app whilst still on the call.

1 Answers

I could find the following on their pub.dev page:

Background Modes: To allow a connection to a Room to be persisted while an application is running in the background, you must select the Audio, AirPlay, and Picture in Picture background mode from the Capabilities project settings page. See Twilio Docs for more information.

This sounds a bit ambiguous, however, it should be possible, due to this GitLab issue / req I found: Optimize running a video call in the background.

So definitely give it a shot and follow the instructions on their pub.dev page - let me know if it worked.

Related