I have a ListView and I have it behaving exactly as I want, I'm displaying check boxes and I'm only able to select a single item at a time. Now the problem is this is bad UX- it shouldn't use check boxes when only 1 selection at a time is allowed, it should use radio buttons. So I need to replace the checkboxes with radio buttons. I think the easiest way would be to preempt the drawing of the checkbox and replace it with a radio button glyph, but I'm not really sure how to get started there. Also, it needs to work on a ListView, not a ListBox, and it needs to work in WinForms, not ASP or WPF. I would really appreciate information on how you know this as well- if you can link to documentation/code that shows how drawing works for the ListView in particular that would be wonderful. I have found the docs for .NET 4.8 here and am perusing that now, but details would still be appreciated.
So my question in brief is, "How can I subclass a ListView (Not ListBox) to use radio buttons rather than checkboxes?"