How to use Linux perf tool on WSL2? How to have perf for the correct kernel?

Viewed 2195

I am trying to use the perf tool of Linux on my WSL2 using Windows10 machine. I have done every step of the accepted answer here:Is there any method to run perf under WSL?

When I ran "make" comment, I got a warning:

Warning: Kernel ABI header at 'tools/include/uapi/linux/stat.h' differs from latest version at 'include/uapi/linux/stat.h'

But the perf executable was still created. However when I try to use perf like this:

sudo perf record -g myexe myargs

I received this error:

WARNING: perf not found for kernel 5.10.16.3-microsoft

You may need to install the following packages for this specific kernel: linux-tools-5.10.16.3-microsoft-standard-WSL2 linux-cloud-tools-5.10.16.3-microsoft-standard-WSL2

Then I tried to run this:

sudo apt install linux-tools-5.10.16.3-microsoft-standard-WSL2

However that did not work either, I got this:

Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package linux-tools-5.10.16.3-microsoft-standard-WSL2 E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-tools-5.10.16.3-microsoft-standard-WSL2'

What should I do now?

0 Answers
Related