Sucessfully queries the azure monitor service. Workspace not found. While using azuremarket place Grafana

Viewed 1685

I'm trying to use azure monitor as a data source for grafana. The grafana server was created from Azure Marketplace. I used Service Principal for authentication and while clicking the 'save and test' button, I get the following error"

' 1. Successfully queried the Azure Monitor service. 2. Workspace not found. '

Can you please help me with this issue? Thank you.

2 Answers

Adding a Azure App Insights resource to the monitored Subscription solved the problem. On this step the first Monitoring Workspace for the Subscription was created. On an older Resource I had to migrate to Workspace-based Application Insights to fix the error. It seams Grafana only works with the new Workspace-based Application Insights resources

Follow Below steps -

1.Go to your - Log Analytics workspace->Access Control(IAM)->Add->Add Role Assignment.

Select - Log Analytics Reader, Next select member (select you Azure AD application) & Save

2.Go back to Grafana & try to add it again, it will work

3.Also follow this steps to give access -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/logs/manage-access

  1. Step #1 also need t be followed for subscription level permission access, so go to subscription - Access Control(IAM)->Add->Add Role Assignment.

Select - Log Analytics Reader, Next select member (select you Azure AD application) & Save

Related