Hello my dear fellows,
I've been trying to recreate the effect: image scales up as the mouse get closer to the center of the image found on https://www.davidwilliambaum.com/
I have been very unsuccessfull so far, as I am not sure how to approach the problem.
I started a codepen with some ideas : https://codepen.io/dindon-studio/pen/RwLwRKM
As you can see I first get the center coordinate of the image, and then i try some dirty formula to scales it up with the mouse distance. But it is very buggy and not convincing at all.
Does anyone got a better approach? Deep thanks for you help!
var mX, mY, distance, element
element = $('.project')
function calculateDistance(elem, mouseX, mouseY) {
return Math.floor(Math.sqrt(Math.pow(mouseX - (elem.offset().left+(elem.width()/2)), 2) + Math.pow(mouseY - (elem.offset().top+(elem.height()/2)), 2))); }
$(document).mousemove(function(e) {
mX = e.pageX;
mY = e.pageY;
distance = calculateDistance(element, mX, mY);
if (distance< 500 && distance >50){
var scaling = 1 + (1/distance) *100
gsap.to(".project", {duration: 0.01, scale: scaling,ease: "power2.in",});
}
});